- Hi! Could you briefly introduce yourself?
I’m Stéphanie, currently a software engineer at Algolia.
I’ve been working in the data field since 2008 with databases like IBM DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server and I started my journey with PostgreSQL when I joined leboncoin in 2013.
- How do you engage with the PostgreSQL community?
I try to attend as many PostgreSQL Paris-based events as I can, even once as a speaker. Using PostgreSQL at work and with my personal projects, it’s easy for me to read and share () a lot of content about PostgreSQL. Still, I think it’s not enough compared to the benefits I get from PostgreSQL, I’ll try to do better.
- Have you enjoyed previous pgDay Paris or other PostgreSQL Europe conferences, either as attendee or as speaker?
It will be my first pgDay Paris, but I had the chance to attend a FOSDEM PGDay a few years ago.
- What will your talk be about, exactly? Why this topic?
I’ll talk about using Materialized Views in production. It’s not a brand new feature, but it saved my life (at least my sleeping time) back when I was working at JobTeaser.
- What is the audience for your talk?
I think my talk can be interesting for everyone, but maybe backend developers and data engineers can benefit from it in their day to day job.
- What existing knowledge should the attendee have in order to follow your talk?
Well, no prior knowledge is required, just come with an interest in PostgreSQL.
- Which missing feature would you most like to see in PostgreSQL?
I’d love to have automatic refresh of materialized views.
- Thank you!